Monday, February 15, 2016

Watch Those YouTube Programming Videos Faster!


I wasn't aware of VLC media player, I'm sure it's been around a long time but a few days ago I was having a conversation with another dev around watching videos and he mentioned that he watches videos faster by speeding them up.

I never really thought about doing something like that.  I mean it seems so obvious of a thing to do, and would save me so much time as a developer.

So now I watch videos on code much faster with VLC.  You can stream in any video from YouTube or other sources and speed up the video so those presentations can take 1/4 or 1/2 the time to listen to now.

What I like about VLC is the interface an menu is so simple and straight forward to use too.

Here's how to do it
  • Install VLC and open it
  • From the file menu go to Open Network and paste in a youtube vid url

  • After it opens, go to PlayBack in the file menu and increase the speed!  Awesome!


Save yourself a lot of time and use VLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment